Stretch marks has been one of the things women battle with prior and after giving birth.
Stretch marks basically occur when the collagen level dwindles. And the collagen level goes down due to age or hormonal imbalance.
In other words , your body NEEDS collagen to keep itself looking young. And the only ingredient that has proven to show considerable hike in your body’s collagen level is gelatin. So, how to use gelatin on skin? Although, applying these ingredients topically will show a difference, nothing works faster than infusing it directly into your bloodstream.
So, binge on collagen-promoting foods like gelatin, lean meat, foods rich in vitamin C and zinc. And then, combine topical masks to really see a difference. I hear they work better than botox!
So, how do herbal gelatin masks really work?
Gelatin is a water-soluble protein, with roughly 35% amino acids, 11% alanine and 21% hydroxyproline, which has a potential to transform your skin!From strengthening nails, promoting hair growth to reducing stretch marks, gelatin can do it all! So, here are 10 herbal gelatin masks that will transform you from drab to fab! Do take a look.
– Take ½ a packet of plain gelatin powder in a bowl.
– Mix lukewarm water to the powder and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
– Soak your nails in the solution for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
– It is one of the easiest ways to use gelatin for strong nails.
– Mix 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder, with an equal amount of milk.
– Heat it in low flame for about 20 seconds.
– When lukewarm, using a brush, apply a thin coat on to your nose.
– Let it dry completely, then peel it off.
Stretch mark lotion
– Melt half a cup of pure cocoa butter in low flame.
– Add a tablespoon of castor oil, ½ a cup of aloe vera and 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder.
– Using a wooden spoon, keep stirring occasionally.
– Once all the ingredients blend well, turn off the heat and beat the gelatin stretch mark lotion until you get a smooth consistency.
– Add essential oils of your choice. Store it in an airtight container.
Anti-wrinkle Face Mask
– Take 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder.
– Mix an equal amount of honey and a few drops of lemon juice.
– Mix until all the ingredients blend well.
– Apply a thin coat of gelatin mask for wrinkles evenly on to your face and neck.
– Let it sit till dry and then peel it off.
Take ½ a cup of brown sugar, and mix it with an equal amount of olive oil. Add a teaspoon of gelatin powder and a teaspoon of honey.
Mix until all the ingredients blend well.
Using the gelatin cellulite scrub, start exfoliating your skin in a round circular motion.
Do this for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Frizz-Taming Hair Gel
– Mix 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder in 1 cup of warm water. Add in a few drops of lavender oil for fragrance.
– Using a wooden spoon, blend it well. Transfer the solution into an air-tight jar and place it in the refrigerator.
– Use it as your regular hair gel
– Gelatin is all protein, and protein can strengthen hair! Take the protein quotient of your shampoo a notch up with this simple trick.
– Add a packet of unflavoured gelatin to your shampoo bottle and shake well.
– With each use, the texture and quality of your hair will improve.
Hair Strengthening Mask
– Dissolve 1 packet of gelatin powder in a cup of warm water. Stir until the powder melts.
– Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey, with a few drops of almond oil.
– Let it sit until the mixture solidifies and forms into a thick paste.
– Apply the gel on to your wet hair and wait till it dries.
– Once your hair becomes hard and crunchy, rinse off the gelatin hair mask for thick hair with plain water.
From delicious smoothies, broth to candy-flavoured ice creams, include gelatin in your diet, in as many ways as possible, to bring out the best in you, both skin and health wise.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS