To achieve flawless skin, you cannot have large pores. When your pores are big, dead skin cells along with bacteria and excess oil can easily get trapped together. This can lead to inflammation, causing acne to form.
Makeup can sometimes hide your large pores but it is better to find ways to minimize them. Let’s find what ways that you can improve your large pores effectively.
What makes your pores large?
Large pores are caused by elimination of excess oil from your skin. When your body produces too much oil, pores have to extend to allow the amount of oil flow out, causing pore to become bigger. Besides, there are other factors that worsen your large pores:
– Dirty skin. Dirt, dead cells, and bacteria accumulate in your pores can make them enlarge.
– Sun damage. Sun can damage your skin by causing it to thicken, making your pores more visible and large.
– Age. As you age, your skin will slowly lose collagen and elastin, two essential proteins that make up your skin. It is natural to have lower collagen production as you get older.
– Genetics. Large pores can run in family; you are more likely to have large pores if your family members also do.
Now that you know what can cause your pores to enlarge, it is important to find ways to manage your large pores.
Ways to manage large pores
You can manage large pores with the following steps
– Clean your face regularly. You should use a mild cleanser to wash your face at least two times a day. Cleaning your face too often or with a strong cleanser can dry out your skin. Try to find a cleanser that contains salicylic acid or lactic acid to gently clean and unclog your pores.
– Exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating your skin is very important to remove any dead cells on your skin. It is recommended to exfoliate at least once or twice a week. This can make your skin look brighter and smoother as well as minimize your pores.
– Wear sunscreen daily. You should protect your skin from the sun by applying sunscreen every time you go out. Living in Asia, the sun can be more intense and damaging. To give you better protection, you should always choose a sunscreen with a SPF of at least 30 or more. Make sure it is broad-spectrum, meaning that it can protect you from both UVA and UVB sun lights.
– Moisturize your skin. When you choose a facial moisturizer, look for one that is oil-free. You can also try a moisturizer with aloe that is believed to contain natural pore-tightening properties.
– Choose the right makeup product. You may want to use makeup to cover your pores to reduce the appearance. Before you put anything on your skin, make sure it is oil-free and non-comedogenic. This will help your acne prone skin.
What techniques can help minimize my pores?
With new developments in dermatology, there are many techniques that can help minimize your pores. Here are a few techniques that can help:
Mesotherapy is a technology that uses needles or light beams to deliver important nutrients and chemicals directly to your skin. Important nutrients and chemicals may include amino acids, vitamins, minerals and other medications to treat acne. Nutrients will be carefully placed into the target tissues, helping your skin texture become stable. Mesotherapy improves your large pores from the inside while nourishing your skin.
A chemical peel uses an acidic solution to remove the outer layer of skin. Your dermatologist will choose the chemical that best suits your needs. This technique improves your skin’s appearance and texture while minimizing your large pores.
Like chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing can improve the texture of your skin by using laser light. It can remove a layer of damaged skin to promote new skin cells to form and collagen production.
This technique uses tiny rough grains to buff away the surface layer of skin, so that your skin becomes smoother. Microdermabrasion cannot give you a radical treatment; it only covers large pores temporarily.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or Photofacial uses light to target damaged areas and improve your skin by stimulating collagen production. IPL or Photofacial is an effective and safe solution for large pores treatment. It is able to penetrate the deepest levels of the skin without harming the surface layer.
Understanding what causes your large pores and ways to manage them can minimize your pores. Talk to your dermatologist to get more information on the best solution that is right for you.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS