People are so obsessed with fair skin that the moment you announce your pregnancy, you will get advice about how to have a fair-skinned baby. Even though we don’t believe that complexion makes any difference, MomJunction’s has compiled some simple tips to help your baby acquire fair complexion. Read on for a detailed explanation below.
Best Tips For Making Your Baby’s Skin Fair:
Here are some natural and practical baby fairness tips that can make your little one’s skin fair, supple, and glowing:
1. Gram Flour Paste:
- You can make a homemade skin pack by mixing raw milk, turmeric, fresh cream, and gram flour (besan).
- Apply the thick paste to your baby’s skin softly. After 10-minutes, when the pack tends to dry, use a damp cotton or soft cloth to rub off the pack.
- Only using oily baby cream can make your little one’s skin greasy and lead to skin rashes in the summer. So, ensure you use this home made paste for best results.
- The raw milk kills the bacteria, which cause diarrhea and other infectious diseases.
2. Fruit Sap:
- Another good home remedy to enhance your baby’s complexion is feeding him grape juice.
- Natural fruit extracts help cleanse the epidermis and make your baby’s skin soft and fair.
- Some other nutritious fruits that boost your baby’s skin tone are apples and oranges.
Note: This remedy works for a child whose age is above three months. Never try feeding fruit juice to your newborn baby, as she should only take brea*st milk for a stronger immune system.
3. Hot Oil Massage:
- The ancient technique of the hot oil massage whitens your baby’s skin tone, keeps his skin nourished, and smooth.
- Massaging your baby’s skin with hot oil adds an extra layer of moisture to your baby’s sensitive skin and helps restore the right balance of the oils in the skin cells.
- With a regular hot oil massage your baby’s skin tends to shine, blossom and attain a fair pinkish shade.
- Some of the best essential oils for massaging your baby’s skin are almond oil and olive oil.
4. Mild Body Pack:
- A baby’s skin is ten times more sensitive than an adult’s skin.
- You can apply a mild body pack to your baby’s delicate skin as it helps to keep the skin soft and attain a fair skin tone.
- To prepare homemade body pack mix turmeric, sandalwood paste and saffron mixed with a bit of raw milk. Apply the thin paste to your baby’s bare body. Let the pack dry for 10-15 minutes and then slowly wipe it off using damp cotton. The natural skin pack can make your baby’s skin fair and defend him from infectious germs.
5. Right Bathing Temperature:
- It is crucial for your baby’s skin to be exposed to the right water temperature. Bathing in extremely hot or cold water can harm your baby’s sensitive skin, and it can become darker.
- The excess temperature can darken your baby’s skin.
- To avoid such circumstances, always check the temperature of your baby’s bath water by sprinkling few drops on your skin surface. You need to use lukewarm water to wash your baby’s face and body.
- To keep your baby’s skin smooth, soft and fair your need to follow the proper steps of ideal baby skin care.
- Only use good quality moisturizers and other products to enhance or whiten your baby’s skin tone.
- For the best results, apply the baby moisturizer three to four times a day. It helps your baby’s skin replenish the lost nutrients and makes the skin appear glowing and replenished. Moisturizing also helps to keep aridity at bay.
7. A Synchronized Sunbath:
- It is important for you to expose your baby once to sun rays early in morning so that it promotes Vitamin D production naturally.
- You need to take a synchronized sunbath and make him bath with lukewarm water after a while out in the sun.
- However, you should never expose your baby’s skin excessively to scorching sun rays, as it may tan the skin and make it look dull.
- Consider buying a pushchair to protect your baby from direct sunlight.
8. Baby Scrub:
- Scrubbing exfoliates the dry skin cells and keeps your baby’s skin smooth and fair.
- To prepare a homemade scrub for your baby’s skin, mix chickpea powder, rose water, raw milk, and baby oil. Apply the paste softly to your baby’s skin and rub it off gently.
- The homemade scrub removes unwanted impurities from your baby’s skin surface and boosts the radiance. You need to use the right techniques for the massage, otherwise it may not work, or worse it may hurt your baby.
- Note: Never rub your baby’s skin roughly, as it may irritate his delicate skin and cause rashes or friction burns.
9. Don’t Use Soap:
- Don’t use a harsh soap on your baby’s skin, as it can lead to skin peeling and dry the skin out.
- You can make a homemade bath pack of raw milk and rose water. Apply the mixture slowly to your baby’s skin and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can also use a baby soap or a glycerin baby bar, as these products contain a lesser percentage of sodium and don’t harm to your baby’s delicate skin.
10. Baby Wipes:
- Excessive scrubbing and using too many skin packs can dry your baby’s skin, and he may suffer from unwanted pimples and rashes.
- Use baby wipes that contain glycerin and milk cream. You can use the soft wipes to cleanse your baby’s face as well as other body parts.
Note: Always consult your doctor before using any of the above tips
Do you know any other tips to make baby’s skin fair and soft naturally? Share your tips and advice with other mommies here! We would love to hear from you. So, comment in the box below!
SHARE WITH FRIENDS