- Doreen and George Kirby, a couple from Eastbourne, London became the oldest couple to get married in aggregate age. They have a combined age of 194 years and 280 days. George was 103 and Doreen was 91.
- The world record for the Longest marriage was set by Herbert Fisher and Zelmyra from USA, who were married on 13 May 1924 in North Carolina, USA. They had been married 86 years, 290 days as of 27 February 2011, when Mr Fisher passed away
- In China, Lin Rong was dressed in a 2,162-meter-long wedding gown handmade by her groom’s family on her wedding day. She set the world record for the world’s longest wedding gown. It took more than 200 guests and more than three hours to completely unroll the dress.
- The world record for the most wedding vow renewals by one couple has been made by Mark and Denise Duffield. The two were winners of Runway Bride and Groom’s “Honeymoon Testers” competition. The two went to 10 countries in four continents renewing their vows 85 times. They renewed their vows in roller skates in Brisbane, knee-deep in a lagoon with a shark, floating in li-los, to mention some.
- The world record for deepest underwater wedding was set by Sandra Smith and Hiroyuki Yoshida in a cave at Song Hong Lake, Trang, Thailand. The two driving instructors tied the knot at 130m below the surface. They had to undergo 6 months of intensive training to prepare them to reach their goal. Their fellow divers acted as their ordained minister, best man, and second witness.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.