Walking is a significant development in both babies’ and parents’ life, as it enables babies to enjoy moving around and play. A baby walker is a lifesaver because it helps you complete house chores knowing fully well your baby is occupied.
When Should Your Baby Start Using a Baby Walker?
There is no fixed age for a newborn to use baby walkers, as it mostly depends on the baby’s strength, development, and size of a baby. The Best Baby Walker is mainly designed for babies between the ages of 4-16 months. However, you need to check whether the baby can able to hold his head up nicely while he touches his feet on the floor. If he can do this, correct him with a baby walker.
Advantages of Using Baby Walker:
There are many advantages to using a walker. The benefits are given below with explanation –
1. Increase the Sense of Independence:
When a baby tries to start walking without any assistance, as a parent, we watch them everywhere, and the protective mentality restricts the baby’s movement and freeness. When a baby uses a baby walker, you don’t have to hang regularly with your baby, and the baby can able to move around with joy.
It helps babies to move around with ensuring safety and provide guarantees. If you love to work at home and still keep your baby safe from danger, a baby walker is an option for you.
2. Explore New Things with Fun and Entertainment:
A baby walker is considered as a toy for your baby. The baby can enjoy the sensation of rolling around and go here and there with exploring the mind. A baby can notice many things and try to grab them when he feels attracted to it. So, always hide toxic items from their eyes as infants try to pick and eat without any attention.
Some baby walkers help your child’s learning, colors, shapes, sensation, and sounds are built into the walker that makes them more attractive and entertaining to your little one. Without any confusion, your baby’s interaction with the baby walker will help contribute to his cognitive development.
3. Encourage to Walk:
With the hand support, your baby can move one step further to make his first step. It helps your baby to stand and assist on walking. The attempts of playing with a baby walker will aid them in making their first step.
4. Help Balance:
In the natural process of rolling, crawling, standing, and walking will help a baby learn how to balance. A baby walker will help them to learn to balance while doing those things. When a child uses a baby walker, the walker creates balance and helps the baby not to fall while he moves forward or rolls side. Through this process, the baby learns how to balance his body with his feet.
Read Also: Guide to Choosing a Perfect Baby Carrier
Disadvantages of Using Baby Walker:
Every product comes with both pros and cons. A baby walker is no exception, so here are some of the drawbacks.
- Hampers the crawl walk routine and reduce muscle strength that creates problem to stand or walk.
- The usage of a walker is minimal. When a baby can walk nicely, he doesn’t need a walker so, and the use period is short.
- A baby walker can cause injury while babies are crawling with it.
- Babies may injure their toes and fingers because of the folded parts.
- The rolling wheel can speed up and lead to an accident.
Precautions to Take While Using A Baby Walker:
We recommend you address some baby walker safety issues before you let your baby use the walker.
- Ensure that your baby uses it on a flat surface only.
- Keep the child and the walker away from staircases.
- Always give attention while the baby is using the walker.
- Remove all the sharp objects that can harm your baby.
- Hide all the breakable objects from the baby.
Editor’s Recommendations for the Best Baby Walker
The Delta Children’s Lil’ Drive Walker features realistic details and specially designed for the kids who have just learned to sit up. It is understandable that every child takes a different time to learn to walk. Here are a few features that make the Delta walker an excellent choice for children for walking practices:
- Long Time Usability: This walker’s structure has babies who can sit up in mind. It comes with three adjustable height settings which ensure that your baby can use it for long before outgrowing it.
- Meal Time: It comes with a removable tray that is used as a meal tray during snack time.
- Foldability: The walker is foldable making it easy to store or travel with.
- Good Navigation: Both front and back wheels are movable, making it easy to move such baby push walkers in any direction. Also, includes brake skids that will help prevent potential accidents.
- Adjustable Volume Setting: Adjust the volume settings that you feel is ideal, whether it is higher or lower.
|Allows for multi directional movement||Not suitable for hardwood or timber flooring|
|Removable tray||Height adjustments settings are a bit too rigid|
|Race car noises and lights|
This walker is designed with a baby’s first moments in mind; eating, walking and playing. It is comfortable to use on both floors and carpets, making it easy for your little one to move around. A unique baby walker that offers both a walker and a high chair at once. Once it’s feeding time, you may not have to move your baby from his/her walker to a high chair. Here are a few features that make the Joovy Spoon Walker an excellent choice for children for walking practices:
- Removable Tray: It does not have an entertainment console, but it does have a removable tray that can be detached and cleaned.
- Removable Seat: This walker comes with a removable seat that is machine washable.
- Adjustable height Positions: It also comes with three adjustable height positions ensuring that your baby can still use it even as he or she grows up.
- Easily Foldable: The Joovy Spoon Walker comes in a compact design as it can fold nearly flat. This means that it can be stored away or even transported with minimum fuss.
|The seat is 100% machine washable||Lacks an entertainment console for your child to play with.|
|It is fold able, making it easy to carry and store away.||Only two of the four wheels swivel.|
|Maximum weight it can accommodate is 25 pounds.||Contains a very wide base which makes it difficult to maneuver around.|
|Comes with anti-skid safety pads.|
Many parents think that it is safe to use a baby walker but as a responsible parent, you have to make the right choice and take care of your baby. It is, after all, a parent’s responsibility to make sure that the baby gets the right objects.