Foods That Will Make Your Kids Grow Tall
Genetic makeup plays a significant role in the height of a child. No one likes dwarfism, and parents ensure that their kids grow to a certain optimum height. Also, height is affected by external factors like nutrition and lifestyle. But nutrition plays a vital role in overall body growth, and height is one of the benefits.
Healthy feeding right from birth will go a long way in height determination. The parent\’s genes will also be a contributory factor that can predict the kid\’s height. The genetic factor passed onto a child cannot be changed. The food and lifestyle you inculcate can also support growth.
What is responsible for growth in kids?
The relationship between height and food in children cannot be overemphasized. If you follow the recommended diet, there will be a rapid increase even if the parents are not too tall. The logic is that, if you and your partner are tall, your child\’s chance of being tall is also high. If you and your partner are short, the probability of the child tending towards the shortness is predictable. What most parents are unaware of is that the height of their kids lies in their hands. They can help the child by feeding with diets that help in height growth.
For a female child, she reaches her maximum height at age nineteen, while males can keep growing till age twenty-five. In the body, the pituitary gland plays a significant role in height determination. It secretes the Human Growth Hormone (HGH), which is responsible for an increase in height.
During the growth years, there are several numbers of foods that can help in stimulating the function of the Human Growth Hormone. This will help in attaining the maximum height obtainable within those growing periods.
Therefore, the relationship between food and your kid\’s height should be fully understood. The type of nutrients that will help the child grow as well as the procedures must be known.
Nutrients requirements needed to help your child grow taller
A kid needs a well-balanced diet as well as exercise for overall growth. However, there are some nutrients whose consumption should be at the high side for a child\’s growth in height. They include:
1. Protein. For boys within ages 3-18 and girls within ages 3-15, the reference value for protein intake is 0.9g/kg/day. This recommended amount of protein should be provided from protein-rich food for the child\’s daily consumption.
2. Carbohydrates. Balanced carbohydrate intake from complex carbohydrate sources should be given to the child. Avoid carbohydrates rich in pure sugar.
3. Vitamins. All vitamins are essential for growth and development. Some vitamins, like vitamin D and B-complex, can directly impact your kid\’s height.
4. Minerals. An adequate mineral intake can help regulate healthy growth and height gain. Minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, etc. can help in a child\’s growth.
What are the foods that will make your kids grow taller?
You need to note that foods rich in diet and balanced will assist in a kid\’s growth. Those foods include:
1. Eggs. Daily consumption of eggs is recommended in a child\’s meal. An egg is rich in protein, riboflavin, biotin, and iron. Protein helps in cell growth and development.
2. Dairy and dairy products. These include cheese, milk, yogurt, and curd. They are rich in protein, vitamins, and calcium. Daily consumption of these will aid bone growth and strength development.
3. Soybeans. You can make it like milk or cheese. Soybeans are very rich in protein and can be substituted for animal milk in kids with lactose intolerance.
4. Chicken. It is a good source of vitamin B, as well as protein. Regular consumption of chicken will aid in growth acceleration and development.
5. Green leafy vegetables. It supplies the right amount of calcium, which is necessary for bone deposition and resorption. Green leafy vegetables give your kids strength.
6. Carrots. You can use carrots to make fruit juice for your kid or add raw carrots to the salad for them to consume. The addition of fresh carrots to your kid\’s diet will help the body efficiently absorb calcium. This will influence bone resorption and keep them healthy. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A.
7. Fruits. It is essential to include different varieties of fruits into your child\’s daily diet. Fruits are rich in minerals, vitamins, and essential micronutrients that help in boosting immunity, growth acceleration, and development.
9. Whole grains. It can be whole grain bread, pasta, or cereals. Whole grains contain vitamin B, magnesium, selenium, zinc, a small amount of calcium, and iron. All these assist in bone growth and mineralization.
10. Yogurt. It is a source of protein and several other vital nutrients needed for growth. Some of them also contain probiotics that produce beneficial bacteria that can help support gut health. These probiotics also reduce inflammation in children and increase growth as well.
11. Nuts. It is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for bone health and turnover. Nuts also contain vitamins, minerals, and protein, which is vital for your kid\’s growth. It can be included as snacks, porridges, or added to cereals.
12. Beans. Beans are a good source of protein and very nutritious. It is also rich in iron and fights against anemia that may cause delayed growth in children.
Read Also: Signs your Baby is Malnourished
13. Almonds. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals necessary for growing taller. Almonds are high in fiber, manganese, magnesium, and vitamin E. All these essential nutrients help to fight against stunted growth in children.
14. Sweet potatoes. They are rich in vitamin A which helps in bone improvement and height maintenance. Also, the presence of both soluble and insoluble fiber in sweet potatoes can increase digestive health. This will enhance the growth of good bacteria gut. In the process, nutrients absorption is boosted to ensure that you receive the needed vitamins and minerals required for growth and development.
15. Quinoa. It contains the nine essential amino acids needed by the body. Quinoa is an excellent source of magnesium required for bone health.
16. Berries. Several types of berries, like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. They all contain nutrients high in vitamin C, necessary for cell growth and tissue repair. Research shows that vitamin C can increase collagen synthesis. In return, collagen increases bone density and improves bone health. This could help you grow taller or maintain your height.
17. Salmon. It is high in Omega-3 fatty acids. High consumption of salmon can improve sleep and bone turn over to increase growth.