A natural way of getting the baby into this world is a normal delivery. Studies show that at least 85% of pregnant women may have a natural birth while the remaining 15 percent need procedures like a C-section. But statistically, one in three (more than 30 percent) pregnant women go through a C-section. To prevent pain and anxiety during labor, women can choose a C-section. But in the future, a C-section may pose problems and take extended recovery days, unlike a regular delivery.
Babiesmata addresses the advantages, tips to improve the likelihood of having a normal delivery, and how you can quickly go about it.
What is Normal Delivery?
If you have no medical problems, it is not hard to have a natural and regular childbirth. Also, the natural birth process allows the new mom to have a healthy baby and to recover quickly. Although there is no standard delivery formula or shortcut, specific steps can increase the odds of getting a safe and natural delivery.
Some Factors that predetermine a Normal delivery
Certain variables determine your ability to have a normal delivery. They cannot guarantee a result of 100 per cent, however. You will have a better chance of having a regular delivery if:
In your previous pregnancies, you had a normal vaginal delivery.
- Your pregnancy is going smoothly without any drawbacks
- Throughout your pregnancy, you are physically involved. The more physically active you are, the greater the probability of normal birth.
- There are no underlying health conditions, such as asthma, which can intensify during pregnancy and labor.
- You are of normal weight as being overweight predisposes you to have a large baby, which reduces the chances of a normal delivery.
- Your physiological conditions are under control, including blood pressure, sugar in the blood, and hemoglobin.
During pregnancy, the above is the general health factors that affect your chances of getting a normal delivery. You may also follow a few guidelines that might further improve the chances of normal delivery.
Tips for a normal delivery
Normal vaginal delivery, both for the mother and baby, is the perfect way to give birth. If you wish to have a normal delivery, here are some tips to follow;
Stay positive and abstain from negative birth stories:
You can come across childbirth stories that are both easy and complicated. It would make you more nervous to listen to negative stories and could lead to a traumatic event.
- If a fellow mom happens to share her horrible childbirth experience, just walk away from her.
- Say no to wild speculation.
- Bear in mind that not everyone has the same labor experience. Just because your colleague has had an awful delivery doesn’t mean that you’re going to have one.
Stay away from stress:
During pregnancy, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. Stress, anxiety and random thoughts are advisable to avoid since negative feelings can turn childbirth into a nightmare.
- Try any sort of meditation that allows you to feel at ease.
- Read books, listen to music, and engage in methods of visualization.
- Stay in the company of healthy and polite individuals.
- Keep away from individuals and conditions that make you feel awkward or negative.
Acquire knowledge about birthing:
Knowledge is power. Obtain as much information about labor and delivery as possible.
- Bear in mind that your doctor will clear up all your questions about pregnancy and childbirth.
- Read a lot of childbirth books (remember to keep a positive mindset)
- Speak to your mother or other older family women who are willing to support you with their experiences.
- Grab data on natural management methods such as techniques of calming, breathing, and coping.
- Enroll in antenatal classes
Do not be overwhelmed, however. Often, too much data may be an issue as well. The medical professional will assist you in getting through the procedure when the time is right.
Build a healthy support system:
Have ample emotional support. Have your husband, mother, and close friends around to increase your confidence and alleviate your concerns about the expected delivery.
- When it comes to childbirth, make sure you and your husband are on the same page.
- Your family will stand by your side, so if you have any different opinions or feelings about pregnancy, share them, and agree with them.
- Having a system of support will help take the burden away.
Choose your doctor wisely:
It is a sad fact that many doctors are searching for relief and are persuading mothers to have a C-section. So, it is crucial to choose a doctor who can adequately handle your pregnancy.
- Ensure that the doctor and the clinic have a reasonable quality delivery rate.
- Speak to your doctor about their every day delivery opinions.
- Look for another doctor if you feel your doctor might not value your desire to have a normal delivery.
It’s worthy to note that perineal massage regularly will help your body prepare for normal delivery: When you reach the seventh month, you can start using perineal massage.
- It enables you to deal with labor and also handle tension.
- Hook your thumb inside to massage the perineum and move the lower portion of the vagina gently outward and forward.
Do not let negative experiences sway you from thinking you can’t have a normal vaginal delivery. Keep an open conversation with your husband, let your mind and surroundings speak positivity, and be active throughout the pregnancy till the birth procedure, and you will be fine. Congratulations in Advance!!!! Cheers.