Teaching your children to pray is an important part of introducing them to Jesus Christ and helping them build a strong relationship with God. Our Lord gave us prayer so we can communicate with him directly. Getting your children comfortable with prayer helps them to understand that God is always close and accessible, and always there for them.
Here are Short Prayers to Teach Your Child;
1. Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: Amen.
2. Dear God, thank you for loving me. Help me to love my family, my friends, and everybody around me.
3. Dear God, thank you for making me smile. Help my smiles to give joy to other people around me.
4. Dear God, thank you for being patient with me as I learn to obey You. Please help me to always be patient when things do not happen the way I want them to.
5. Dear God, help me know when I’m wrong and help me be kind to people who do not agree with me.
6. Dear God, thank you for being kind to me, even when I do not deserve it. Please help me to be kind to others, even when they are not kind to me
7. Dear God, thank you for Jesus, who always did the right things for people. Make me good like Jesus so I can be good and also do the right things for people.
8. Dear God, thank you for always keeping your promises to me. Help me to always keep my promises.
9. Dear God, thank you for always being gentle with me. Help me to be gentle with people, even when the things they do or say hurt me.
10. Dear God, be in my head and understanding, be in my eyes and sight, be in my mouth, control what I speak, and be in my heart and thinking.
11. Dear God, bless my tongue and help me to be careful about what I say. Don’t let me want to do evil or join others in doing evil.
12. Thank you, Lord, for a new day. Thank you for the breeze, food, sun, for your work and play.
13. Three things I pray for day by day
1. To see you more clearly
2. To love you more dearly
3. To follow you more closely day by day
14. Dear God, teach me all that I should know so that I can grow in grace and wisdom. The more I learn to do thy will, the better I grow to love thee.
15. Lord, help me have a loving heart, a gentle hand, willing feet so I may grow more like you in all that I say and do, Amen.
16. We thank you, God, for the shelter around us, for the food before us, for the loving family around us, and love between us, Amen.
17. Dear God, be with us today. Fill our hearts with joy, our minds with learning, our classrooms with peace, our lessons with fun, our friendship with kindness, and our school with love.
18. Dear God in heaven, hear my prayers. Keep me in your loving, bless those who love me too, and be my guide in all that I do. Amen
19. Dear Lord, hold my hand, and lead the way, help me to be good to people every day. Let me know what is wrong and what is right. Let me know what you have planned, and keep me safe day and night.
20. Dear God, Please help me to honor and respect my parents, as your word said we should honor thy father and mother.
21. Dear God, Please help me to love and respect my friends. Help me to always love as Jesus did.
22. Dear God, Please help me be grateful for the things I have and the things I don’t have.
23. He wakes me up; He makes me sleep. Provides for me the food I eat. When I cry, I call on him, Because I know with him I win. Even though the hardest day, I trust in him in every way. He’s the One who sees me through, Jesus lives, I know it’s true. With loving-kindness, he smiles at me. Because he died, I am free. Lord, for all, I thank you so, I know you’ll never let me go
24. Lord, thank you for a new day. Please go before me and clear the way. Thank you for guiding me. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
25. Good morning, dear Jesus, I give you this day, please, be with me in all I see and all that I do today.
26. Dear God, help me be the best I can be on this brand new day you have given to me.
27. Angel of God, my guardian, to whom God’s love ensures my love. Ever this day is at my side, to light, to guard, to guide, and to rule, Amen.
28. Now, as I lay down to sleep, I pray to the Lord to keep me safe. Let thy love go with me throughout the night and wake me with the morning light.
29. Dear God, please keep my family, friends, and loved ones safe. Please watch over them always, and let good health, happiness, and blessings befall them. Amen!
30. Dear God, help me spend today with a smile on my face, with love in my heart, joy in his grace, and my thinking cap on throughout the day. Amen
31. Dear God, as I lay in my bed to rest my little head, if I wake in the night, kiss my cheek, and I will be alright. Bless my family and the ones I love. Watch us from above. Amen
32. Dear Lord, thank you so much for my home and for my entire family. Thank you for the love you give to each of us to share it with others and help us live a happy life.
33. Lord, I praise you for all you’ve done, for the sun and the moon, for a bright day and the dark night. Thank you for taking care of us all the time. Amen
34. Dear Jesus, you promised comfort and care when we are ill until we are laughing and playing again. We trust you to hold our hands until we recover and get well.
35. Dear God, please give my parents wisdom to raise me in the way I should grow and to always be obedient and respectful to them at all times.
36. Dear father, our Lord, and savior, thank you for your love and favor, bless this food and drink that you have given us today, and also bless those who share with us today.
37. My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do the good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. Have mercy and forgive me, Lord.
38. Teach my heart to raise in a morning hymn of praise; And for Jesus’ sake, I pray, bless, and keep me through the day.
39. Dear God, please show me how to spend this day sharing love in every way. Help me to be kind to everyone, to play and have lots of fun and shining your light and sharing your joy with a smile on my face.
40. Dear God, Please give me the strength and courage to always do what is right.
41. Dear God, Please teach me to learn and to grow in all of Your ways. Please help me to think like Jesus.
42. Dear God, please teach me how to pray for those in need, please bring food to those hungry, I pray for people who don’t have drinking water. Please help them.
43. Dear God, please comfort me on the days that I’m lonely.
44. Dear God, I pray that I won’t be jealous of the things others have. Help me to be satisfied with what I have and be happy for others for what they have.
45. Dear God, please give my parents wisdom and strength to raise me in the way I should grow.
46. Dear God, thank you for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for me.
47. Dear God, I pray for ways to teach people to love you and love one another like the way Jesus loved us.
48. Dear God, please help me always tell the truth at all times, and please help me make good decisions.
49. Dear God, please teach me to forgive others, as you forgive me.
50. Dear God, I give you praise for Your faithfulness, I praise you for your everlasting kindness, thank you for your unchanging love for me.
Teaching your children to pray is an important part of introducing them to Jesus Christ and helping them build a strong relationship with God. Our Lord gave us prayers to communicate with him directly, and getting children comfortable with prayer helps them understand that God is always close and accessible and always there for them at all times.
Below are some ideas to make your kids develop the habit of praying and also enjoy it;
1. Make Prayer a Habit at Home.
2. Give Them Freedom in Their Posture When Praying.
3. Show Them Prayer “Works.”
4. Make Prayer Engaging Using Pictures, Prayer Songs, And More.
5. Become a Mom or Dad of Prayer.
6. Teach Them What The Bible Says.
7. Teach Them To Pray In Every Situation.
If there is one habit your kids should develop, it is the discipline and joy of prayer. You should let them know that prayer is not boring, a waste of time, or a tedious activity. Teach them to appreciate the power of prayer to draw them close to God and to bring about change in the world.